The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

A good many letters have been received here in Cambridge during the last week asking about the scarlet fever scare. These letters have been founded on a rumor which has been going the rounds of newspapers in the West that Harvard was suffering from an epidemic of scarlet fever and was liable any day to close her gates for an indefinite period. This report started, of course, as most rumors of the kind do, from some careless remark, or was built by the newspapers into an elaborate story from the simple fact that about a month ago there was one case of scarlet fever in college. We have it on authority that there is not a single case of serious illness in Harvard today, nothing beyond the number of colds which must naturally be expected among so many persons. As some of these letters mentioned above have been from parents who are more or less exercised about the state of affairs in Cambridge, it will be well for the students in their letters home to emphasize the fact that there is an unusually good state of health in the University. In this way this unfortunate rumor may gradually be dispelled by the facts of the case and this needless anxiety on the part of parents be done away with.