Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

BREVITIES.

SHINGLES for the Foot-ball Club may be obtained at 23 Holyoke.

MR. Nathaniel Thayer, so long a member of the College Corporation, has resigned his position in that body.

THE Harvard Index will be ready next Monday. The issue of this year will differ in some respects from that of last year, but the essential features will be retained.

THE University Crew has ordered an eight-oared barge with a seat for a coxswain. It will be built by Blakey, and will be ready for use when the river opens.

COLUMBIA beat Yale in the annual foot-ball match which took place last week. This, we believe, is the first victory of Columbia over Yale, at foot-ball, in several years.

THE members of the Law School at a recent meeting voted that Seniors in the academic department of the College be admitted to the privileges of discussion in the Harvard Assembly.

THE first eight Pi Eta men from the class of '77 are: H. W. Cushing, A. Eliot, R. O. Harris, J. B. Millet, G. M. Nash, F. H. Sargent, W. S. Seamans, H. B. Whitney.

THE names of Sumner, Walker, and Savage will be put up over the alcoves in the library in a few days. Donors of $5,000 in money, or books valued at that amount, are entitled to this honor.

WE are informed that the burlesque to be given before the Pi Eta Society on the occasion of the Seniors' farewell contains several original airs by S. H. Jecko, leader of the Pierian Sodality.

CHRISTMAS is near at hand, and no one should forget their goodies and their men when they go away. The winter is a hard one, and it would be well if some one in each entry of the College buildings would undertake the work of collecting a purse for the servants of the entry.

THE University Nine voted on Monday to change the present style of their uniform by substituting knickerbockers and crimson stockings for long trousers. Some objection was made to discarding a uniform so long worn by the Nine, but the greater convenience of the stockings was considered a sufficient reason for making the change. The original gray cloth with trimmings of the College color will still be used.

ON Monday, December 20, the Right Rev. Benj. H. Paddock, Bishop of Massachusetts, will preach to the St. Paul's Society at their room, 17 Grays, at 7 P. M. It may not be generally understood that all members of the University are always cordially invited to attend any of the services of the Society.