The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

It has always been a rule of the faculty that all athletic contests which occur during the week must begin not sooner than four o'clock. This rule has always been a very disagreeable one, especially in the foot-ball season, as the amount of daylight after four o'clock is very limited. As a result, the games are generally played two half-hours instead of two three-quarters as is the regular rule of the game, and in spite of this the latter part of the games are generally played in semidarkness. Since the adoption of the new time standard, the rule has become more objectionable than ever before. According to the present arrangement, play cannot begin until quarter past four by actual time. This leaves a ridiculously short space for a game and in fact will, if not remedied, put a stop to all games played during the week. We see that the Michigan game is announced at four o'clock, (actually a quarter past four). Can not some arrangement be made by which the team will be allowed to begin a little earlier, say at half-past three? At any rate, there is nothing to prevent practice beginning earlier than four o'clock. The short time before dark leaves but little opportunity for practice of any degree of value, as practice in semidarkness is worse than none at all, causing the men to rely more upon chance than accurate playing, We hope that some different plan will be adopted both in regard to the time of beginning games and in beginning practice.