HARVARD vs. MANCHESTER.

THE game played on May 23, on the Boston grounds, was the fifth of the series, and resulted in Harvard's second victory, two games having been drawn. Holden opened the second inning with a base-hit and went to third on Sullivan's wild throw; Wright went out on a foul fly to Cogswell, Latham on foul fly to Kelly, and Holden scored on Howe's base-hit. The latter stole second, and, in attempting to score on Nunn's base-hit, was put out on home-plate. In the third inning, after Nunn was out, Thayer made a base-hit, took second on wild throw of Kelly, third on a passed ball, and scored on Tyng's out at second. These were the only runs scored during the game. In the eighth inning Woodhead took two bases on a wild throw by Thayer, Howe muffed Snigg's fly, Cogswell hit to Nunn, who fielded Woodhead out on third, Kelly made a base hit, filling the bases, with O'Rourke, the Manchesters' best striker at the bat. O'Rourke sent a high fly between short-stop and left-field, which Nunn caught finely. Leary then struck out. This game brought out the skill and coolness of the Nine in trying circumstances better than any other game of the season. Thayer, Tyng, Nunn, and Wright played well in the field, and Fessenden and Holden made difficult foul catches. Thayer and Tyng led at the bat. The breaking of Tyng's thumb was not such a serious misfortune in this game as in the succeeding one.