THE MOOR'S SERENADE.

LIST, list, my Zuleima;

One word to me speak,

As I strike the sweet chords

Of the dulcet caique.

The prowling narghileh

Has gone to his lair,

While the songs of the yashmak

Float soft on the air.

Oh, speak to thine Azim!

All nature is still,

Save the notes of the sheik,

And the yataghan's trill;

The scent of the efreet

Floats soft on the breeze

As it sighs through the leaves

Of the mameluke trees.

Oh, ope thy gehenna,

Zuleima, my love!

The light of the bulbul

Streams down from above:

'T is brighter than Mollah;

But shouldst thou appear,

'T will pale like the djinn

When muezzin is near.

Oh, fly with thine Azim!

Beneath, on the stream

Floats my gilded chibouque

Like a hadji's bright gleam.

The guards of El Bairam

Are sunk in repose;

Then fly to thine Azim,

Mine attar of rose.

THE subjects for Sophomore Theme VI. are as follows: 1. Shakspere's Plays on the Stage 2. The Right of Assassination. 3. Favorite Living Poet. The subjects for Junior B. are: ??? Dr. Johnson's Preface to Shakspere. 2. The Grand Work.

NEARLY EVERY MEMBER of the Senior Class in Harvard University has a black eye or a broken head. A few nights ago about THIRTY of the boys went to Boston to attend a party, and concluded to walk home. On the way they encountered an amiable policeman, who, after a brief discussion with them on the subject of making less noise, waded in, and with club, revolver, and fist, put the whole party to rout. They claim that they were only singing a little ditty, but he swears that they were drunk. - From a St. Louis Paper.

IT has been suggested that the four rooms in the top of Weld, which are situated in the part which has the large W, could be made much more pleasant if a window were put through in the place of the W. It would not destroy the beauty of the front; and the W might be put a little higher up. These rooms have very little light as they are now, as there are only two windows, one north, and the other south.

THE Lake George Rowing Association sent a communication to the H. U. B. C. to the effect that if the H. U. B. C. would invite the Oxford and the Cambridge Crews to America, they would entertain them.

THE Pierian Sodality will give its annual concert in Lyceum Hall, March 16, assisted by N. M. Brigham, '80, Mr. Van Raalte, and a quartette from the Glee Club. Tickets can be obtained at 41 Matthews, or from any of the members. Price, 35 cents; reserved seats, 50 cents. There will be dancing after the concert.

THE course of lectures announced by the Natural History Society is excellent in both subjects and lecturers. All who wish to learn much in a short time and with little trouble will be sure to attend the lectures. The list is given below: -

March 11. Professor W. James, "The Function of Great Men in Social Revolution."

March 18. Mr. A. Agassiz, "The Caribbean Sea."

March 25. Dr. C. F. Folsom, "Epidemics."

April 1. Professor D. A. Sargent, "The Philosophy of Exercise."

April 15. Mr. F. W. Putnam, "The Mound-Builders of the Cumberland Valley."