Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

NOTES AND COMMENTS.

Many persons object to the time and effort given to athletics by college students. The town of Sharon had a winter school where for several years the big boys had it all their own way, thrashing and turning out of doors the alleged masters, until the committee engaged John Sykes, an under-sized graduate of Harvard, but over-sized in muscle and energy far beyond what his appearance indicated. He opened school with a conciliatory address, asking the co-operation of the pupils, but ending with a firm expression of his intentions and expectations. Very soon after which Bill Gates, a "six-footer," commenced the usual rebellion and tried to trip up Sykes, who instantly collared, floored, and put his foot on the rebel, and kept it there, until Bill promised to abide by the rules of the school in general, and to submit to the application of the big flat ruler of the teacher in particular. But when the latter went for this instrument of authority, Bill went for the window, out of which he had got his head and shoulders, when down came the sash on his back, and held him fast. The teacher appreciated the advantage the situation conferred, and applied so vigorous a castigation that it went to the very root of the resistance. After that order reigned in that particular school' us while J. S. was in charge.-[Gazette.