Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

No Headline

It is now almost two weeks since the outrages on the John Harvard statue were committed, and nothing material has been done by the students to show their indignation. It was decided at the mass meetings that we did not wish to employ detectives; but there was a strong sentiment that mere words were not sufficient to show the earnest spirit of condemnation which every Harvard man felt. Accordingly it was voted to "make all the reparation in our power by tendering to the college money to be raised by public subscription," It was loudly proclaimed at the time that this would be a good and sufficient proof of our sincerity. It would have been strong evidence if a handsome sum had been subscribed; but after ten days how much has been offered? About fifty dollars. Where are those indignant protestors who considered the resolutions and subscription sufficient to show the students' sincerity? Not many of them have stood the test. There were plenty of men ready with speeches and votes to commit the body of students to a policy of refraining from action against the culprits. It is for them to show that the step taken at the second meeting was not a step backward. It is for them to prove by immediate and liberal contributions that they have some sincere feeling, and that their indignation did not evaporate in words-words which are so easy to utter and mean so little.