No Headline

AT a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Athletic Association on Monday evening, the dates of the winter meetings in the Gymnasium were fixed for the first three Saturdays in March. Posters with a list of events will soon be put up. This early action on the part of the Association is very commendable, and it will give men plenty of time to train for the meetings. Those who desire to succeed should begin at once, if they have not already done so, for the number of men who regularly attend the Gymnasium has largely increased this year, and the improvement which they have made bids fair to render the coming meetings the most successful that have ever been held here. The "squad" drill has brought out and developed several promising athletes, who it is to be hoped will enter. The fact is becoming more and more evident, that the standard of excellence is being gradually raised, and that only those who train faithfully in their respective branches can expect to win. We believe that the custom of having a Ladies' Day, so satisfactorily introduced last year, is to be kept up this, and in closing, we advise the Freshmen to join the Association immediately and have their class well represented at the meetings.