Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Former Harvard President Bacow, Maria Ressa to Receive Honorary Degrees at Commencement

‘A’ Game: How Harvard Recruits its Student-Athletes

Interim Harvard President Alan Garber Takes the Political Battle to Washington

‘How Far Is Too Far?’: Pro-Palestine Activism Under the Garber Presidency

No Headline

Amid the many utterly fictitious stories published in the Boston papers concerning the recent student celebration, there is one malicious falsehood which we feel that we should publicly deny, as it has been copied in several papers and is calculated to do much harm. It is said that President Eliot addressed the students as they passed his house, telling them that he would put a stop to all athletic contests if the celebration continued. No student in the University would believe this report for a moment, but outsiders, who know very little of Harvard, may be imposed upon. To these we would say that there is not a word of truth in the story. It is the invention of an unscrupulous reporter, who probably wrote up the whole account of the celebration without having left the newspaper office.

We notice with surprise and regret that the Cambridge Tribune has copied this story directly from the Boston journals. We should have thought that the editor of this enterprising weekly would have found three days sufficient time in which to prepare an original and far more truthful account. We feel that the report will more readily gain credence in the outside world when it appears in a paper published in Cambridge.