Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN.

Attendance - Base-ball and Foot-ball - Fencing - Free Trade and Civil Service Reform.

[FROM OUR REGULAR CORRESPONDENT.]The steward's books for the year show an enrollment of 1415 students, an increase since the opening of college of 70. This is due to the fact that the elections detained many men now attending the professional schools. The students are classified as follows : Literary department, 498; medical, 382; law, 332; pharmacy, 95; homoeopathic, 55; dental, 64. The total is rather smaller than that of last year, but the diminution is probably explained by the increase in the price of tuition.

The athletic season appears to promise well. The class base-ball nines are now in organization and the university nine will soon be selected. There is no lack of good material here and a strong team is expected. A hall has been secured for their use and a committee is now negotiating with some league players for a trainer.

The Rugby teams are showing some good playing, but the location of the college will prevent our seeing them pitted against those of other colleges.

A large and enthusiastic fencing club has been formed, and it is expected that the art will take a prominent place in the spring field day exercises.

Last Saturday a meeting was held for the purpose of organizing a Free Trade Club among the students. The club consists of about forty members and expects to procure several speakers upon the subject during the year.

The Civil Service Reform Association, organized last year, has as yet held no meetings since college opened, but are also busily engaged in making appointments with leading speakers on the subject to lecture here during the winter.

INDEX.