Harvard Lampoon Claims The Crimson Endorsed Trump at Pennsylvania Rally

Mass. DCR to Begin $1.5 Million Safety Upgrades to Memorial Drive Monday

Sports

Harvard Football Topples No. 16/21 UNH in Bounce-Back Win

Sports

After Tough Loss at Brown, Harvard Football Looks to Keep Ivy Title Hopes Alive

Harvard’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Increased by 2.3 Percentage Points in 2023

TELEGRAPHIC BREVITIES.

FROM THE BOSTON HERALD AND ADVERTISER.

The Post Office appropriation bill was passed in the House.

Gen. Cabellero has been re-elected president of Paraguay.

The Senate yesterday passed the consular and diplomatic appropriations bill.

Joseph Reichardt, a Vienna leather merchant, has failed, with liabilities of $2,500,000.

The ways and means committee has now disposed of sixty-four pages of the tariff commission's report.

It is expected that the Western brewers will soon demand an advance of one dollar per barrel on beer.

The Rev. Dr. Edward W. Benson, Bishop of Truro, is to succeed the late Dr. Tait as Archbishop of Canterbury.

The Grand Trunk Railroad pays $5,000,000 in bonds and $250,000 in cash for its recent purchase, the North Shore Railroad.

The City Bank of Rochester, N. Y., suspended yesterday, owing to the misappropriation of $333,000 of its funds by its president.

Goldsmith's Hall and other buildings adjoining in Philadelphia were destroyed by fire last night, the property loss exceeding $300,000.

The managers of the French Union General Bank have been sentenced to five years' imprisonment each and to pay a fine of 3000 francs.

The Pendleton civil service bill was again discussed in the Senate yesterday, Messrs. Vest, Barrow, Dawes and others taking part in the debate.

John R. Buchtel will make an additional gift of $100,000 to Buchtel College on the anniversary of the founding of the college, next month.

Michael Flynn was convicted at Dublin yesterday of complicity in the Huddys murder, and sentenced to be hanged on the 17th proximo. He protested his innocence.

The Lotus Quartette, composed of Harvard graduates, sang at the second concert of the Cambridge Orchestral Society, which was given last night in Union Hall.

The Hon. Trenor W. Park of Vermont died of paralysis on the 14th inst. on a steamer in which he had taken passage for Aspinwall. He was fifty-nine years of age.

The Copeland Hotel and adjoining block, at Pembroke, Ontario, were burned yesterday. Three lives were lost, and the destruction of property amounted to $100,000.

THE WEATHER.WASHINGTON, D. C., Dec. 21, 1. A. M. For New England, increasing cloudiness, snow, followed by rain, easterly to southerly winds, lower barometer, slight rise in temperature.