Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

No Headline

TO THE EDITORS OF THE HERALD: I heartily agree with "Studious" upon the advisability of having carpets on the stairs. As he suggests, rubber cloth will do; we don't need either Axminster or Moquette. But I should like to make a few additional suggestions. I think that a water refrigerator should be placed in each hall-way; it would certainly add greatly to the comfort of the students. And then the chairs at Memorial might be cushioned; "the expense would be very small and the comfort of all would be greatly enhanced." It would certainly be very little trouble, and almost no expense, to have speaking-tubes and electric bells from the students' rooms to the janitor's reception department. Why can't electric lights be placed around the yard, so that a man can safely venture out after nine o'clock - or in at two? I really see no reason why hot water cannot be brought to our rooms in the morning; the expense would be insignificant compared with the increased satisfaction of students. The authorities are singularly remiss in not providing Herdics to take us to our meals; it is barbarous to expect a man to walk this cold weather, - barbarous, yes, cannabalistic. But, gentlemen, I want to ask this: Instead of sending, imperiously, for us to come to the office, why do they not come to us? Eh? - I ask you why don't they? I pause for a reply. You are silent; you do not answer.

HUMANITAS.