Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

No Headline

There are few courses in which a man can gain more knowledge of a language, or more working acquaintance with it, than in the so-called composition courses; the only serious drawback to such courses is the great amount of time required to prepare the work well. This could be readily remedied if recitations in such courses were held once a week, but where the instructor meets his class but once a week a large amount of work must be assigned in order to derive any satisfactory results. This has been especially noticed by members of German 4, where conversational exercises are carried on; this could be made an exceptionally valuable course by changing it to three hours. Many men are desirous of taking such a practical course as this, but are not inclined to take it while it remains one of the hour courses, which are always unpopular from the fact, previously mentioned, that they require as much work as three-hour courses.