Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

No Headline

Mr. W. C. Camp of Yale writes a long letter to the New York Times in defence of the present system of college athletics and criticising the new attempt at "reform." Mr. Camp well expresses the feeling of reaction against the extreme measures of the reformers and their more extreme views which is rapidly spreading among the general and the college public. "College athletic organizations if left to themselves," says Mr. Camp, "would soon work out their own salvation in these matters by learning by experience that a college coach is preferable to a professional, and the knowledge thus acquired is far more lasting and convincing than faculty decrees, rules or regulations." "As all colleges are not likely to agree as to the wisdom of these resolutions," he continues concerning the three-mile rule, "this one looks like an attempt against inter-collegiate contests. Such a blow would weaken the whole college system of physical education. It is the inter-collegiate contest that is the incentive which makes discipline and training endurable to the youth who hates restraint and loves his freedom."