Harvard Lampoon Claims The Crimson Endorsed Trump at Pennsylvania Rally

Mass. DCR to Begin $1.5 Million Safety Upgrades to Memorial Drive Monday

Sports

Harvard Football Topples No. 16/21 UNH in Bounce-Back Win

Sports

After Tough Loss at Brown, Harvard Football Looks to Keep Ivy Title Hopes Alive

Harvard’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Increased by 2.3 Percentage Points in 2023

No Headline

We publish elsewhere the general regulations of the faculty committee on athletics. It will be seen that although brief they are comprehensive and imperative. The rule (1) as to playing with professionals, is directly to the point, and it will be seen utterly forbids all competition with professionals by any college club. Although we have our doubts as to the necessity for and wisdom of so stringent a rule, there can be no doubt that it will be a benefit in checking entirely any tendency towards professionalism that might hereafter arise in our athletics. The regulation in regard to trainers is equally strict and severe - arbitrarily so it may seem to many. The third rule is but putting into the form of a formal regulation what has long been the practice in regard to candidates for the various crews and clubs of the college. The fourth rule, requiring ability to swim from all members of the crews, is eminently proper and commendable. The same rule is in operation, we understand, at Oxford and Cambridge Universities, England. A rule similar to the fifth rule has, we believe, already long been in force. It will be seen that the most important of these regulations relate to the exclusion of any element of professionalism from our college sports. This end they will undoubtedly accomplish.