YALE VS. COLUMBIA.

The following description of the foot ball game between Yale and Columbia is taken from the New York Times :

Morgan kicked off for Columbia at 3 o'clock, and after a little scrimmaging and tackling, Peters made a touch-down, Terry following with the first goal for Yale inside of two minutes. In six minutes he sent in another from the field. Some fine running and dodging b Farewell soon added another for the dark blues. One or two New Haven men made an attempt at a "Rah, Rah !" but it sounded so lonesome that the attempt was not repeated during the rest of the afternoon. A pretty play by Robinson and Farewell, of the Yale team, won applause even from the men on the opposing side. Robinson picked up the ball near the centre and started on a run for the goal. He didn't get far before a Columbia man tackled him in good form and compelled him to drop it. Farewell managed to pick the ball out from the struggling heap of humanity, and by handsome running and skillful dodging scored a touch-down, which was followed of course, by another goal. Morgan did some good work for the Columbia boys and in the first half a fine run brought out the well-known "Hooray, Hooray, Hooray ! C-o-l-u-m-b-i-a !" This was the only instance in the game where the least enthusiasm was manifested. Time was called for a few moments while Warfield recovered from the effects of a collision with Terry. The first half closed with Yale 43 points to Columbia's nothing. Yale had seven goals (two from the field by Terry), one touch-down, and forced Columbia to one safety touch-down.

The sun was well down when time was called for the second half, and the half frozen spectators sought shelter in their coat-collars. After a few scrimmages and some bad fumbling, on both sides, Terry kicked in a goal from the field for Yale. A good stop and touch-down by Peters gave them another. The Columbia men worked together in better style in this half, and made several fine plays; but a Yale man was always on hand to prevent their reaching the goal. The New Haveners had to fight hard for the third goal, but the fourth, fifth and sixth followed each other in rapid succession. Just as it was beginning to grow dusk a fine run by Twombley gave them the eighth and a moment after the game was closed. The Yale team are a well-knit set of men, good runners as a rule, and work well together through constant practice. They have the advantage of a practice ground near at hand. Columbia suffers in this respect. The men have to take a couple of hours' ride to reach the field, and it is hard work to get them together. It was said that yesterday was the first time they have played together as a team this fall. Morgan did the best work for them, while Terry carried off the honors on the other side. The game resulted in 93 points for Yale, and a blank for Columbia. Yale had 11 goals kicked from a touch-down, 4 from the field, 2 touch-downs, and 3 safeties from Columbia, which counted in her favor. If Columbia is dropped for not appearing at the Princeton game this game does not count for Yale in the intercollegiate series.