The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

It is with mingled feelings of pleasure and regret that we hear of the possibility of Professor Dunbar resuming his old position at the head of the Advertiser newspaper. We cannot but feel pleased at the compliment which is offered to a member of our faculty and gratified that what may prove a loss to the university will be a gain for a much larger number. But we regret that our department of Political Economy, which is now assuming its proper position of importance should lose its head just when he is most needed. In addition to this, we must regret that our faculty and our university are to lose a man who has made himself so popular with the college. Mr. Dunbar, as dean of the college faculty, performed the duties of a delicate position in a manner that commanded the respect of all who had dealings with him. However disagreeable the office of dean may have seemed to some at times, no one ever found fault with the occupant of the position, To hold such a position in a manner satisfactory to both faculty and students, is the hardest test to which a man's judgment and popularity can be put.