Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Citing Toxic Culture and Administrator Departures, Harvard School of Public Health Faculty Repeatedly Weighed Voting No Confidence in Dean

Elizabeth Wurtzel ’89, Who Collected Friends ‘Like Beads on a String,’ Dies at 52

Multimedia

The Photos That Captured the 2010s

No Headline

The vote on the question of retaining the tug-of-war in the list of sports, at the Inter-collegiate Athletic Convention last week, stood only six to five in favor of such action. If not entirely satisfactory, this vote is encouraging, as showing that perhaps it will not be long before a majority of the colleges are brought to see the undesirability of retaining this event in the inter-collegiate programme.

On the supposition that the adoption of the new regulations will not prevent Harvard's entering at this meeting, it may be of interest to note that the games will probably be held at the Polo grounds instead of the Manhattan grounds, as at first announced. We may add that at the recent convention, all the delegates reported themselves as opposed to the athletic resolutions. In doubt as to whether the matter would be brought up, however, only a few had received positive instructions to vote against the resolutions. At Yale and the University of Pennsylvania, the faculties themselves are decidedly opposed to the resolutions.