The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

THE early closing of the departmental libraries in Harvard and University halls, has caused considerable dissatisfaction among those who use these reading rooms in the evening. We have been asked to call attention to what seems to be a needlessly early hour at which men are turned out of the rooms. Upon looking into the matter it has been found that the doors are closed at ten o'clock by the yard policeman, who states that the hour might be extended to eleven o'clock without any added inconvenience, that is as far as the mere closing is concerned. Unless, then, there are other reasons we do not know of, it would seem that the students might be given the privilege of an extra hour for their work. There are many good reasons why it is not always convenient to work early in the evening. If a man begins his study at all late, he seldom has time enough to become really absorbed in his work before the doors are closed upon him. We would remind those who control these libraries of the inconveniences to which many are now subjected and to ask that, if possible, better arrangements be made.