VETERINARY HOSPITAL.

The new veterinary hospital of the Harvard School of Veterinary Medicine, at the corner of Village and Lucas streets, Boston, will be constructed of brick with stone trimmings, fifty by sixty feet in area and three stories high, with a light and airy basement underneath. In the basement will be the forge room, the stalls and other accommodations for cattle, sheep, etc., and for the boiler and other steam heating apparatus and machinery to run the elevator. On the first floor of the building will be a large quadrangular space, surrounded by the stalls for horses. This is to be the lecture room, which will be lighted from above. On this floor there are two offices, which have a separate entrance from the street. In addition to a padded stall for violent cases, there will be four large box stalls and six ordinary stalls. On the second floor, which is reached by an incline from the first, as well as by an elevator, there will be four box stalls and five extra-wide stalls, a large room for dogs, a pharmacy or drug room, and apartments for attendants. This floor will be lighted from above and from the sides. The third story will contain work-rooms, harness-room, hay and grain loft, and a bedroom for the house surgeon. This floor will be reached from the second by a stairway, as well as by the elevator. The elevator will be large enough to take up the largest animal treated, and will be used in taking up the ailing horses, etc., brought for treatment. The building is to be heated with steam, and will have water on every floor. It will be thoroughly ventilated, and will contain all conveniences and appliances. The stalls are of hard pine and iron, and will be constructed after the most approved models. There will be accommodations for ten horses at a time, and space for a few cows and other animals. The room for dogs is to be properly fitted up with all the modern improvements.