GLEE CLUB AND PIERIAN CONCERT.

In spite of the low price of admission there was not a large attendance at last evening's concert. The following interesting programme was presented:

PART I.

1. March of Figaro Mozart Pierian Sodality.

2. Hymn to Odin Kunz Glee Club.

3. Piano Solo. a From the "Sposalizio." Liszt

Piano Solo. b "Aufschwung." Schumann Mr. C. Dunham, Jr.

4. Tenor Solo. - Come into the Garden, Maud,

Mr. H. Lilienthal. Balfe

5. College Songs.

Glee Club.

PART II.

1. Cantata. - "The Grasshopper." Randolph Glee Club and Pierian Sodality.

2. Nocturne Lachner Mr. T. H. Cabot.

3. I. Image of the Rose Reichardt

II. Beware Girschner

Glee Club.

4. College Songs. - Fair Harvard.

Glee Club.

5. March from Tannhauser Wagner Pierian Sodality.

The Pierian especially is to be congratulated on its performance. All its numbers were executed with taste, and the ensemble was particularly good. The most pleasing feature of the concert was the tenor solo of Mr. Lilienthal. It was received with long-continued enthusiastic applause. Mr. Cabot's performance on the 'cello, both in the Nocturne and in the encore, was excellent.

The tragick cantata, "The Grasshopper," was the hit of the evening. As the first attempt of the Pierian and Glee Club together at concerted music it was full of interest and particularly creditable. The solos of Messrs. Howe, McCagg, Lilienthal, Thorndike and Easton were well given and well received. It was in this number, and in the Hymn to Odin and Image of the Rose, that the Glee Club made its best appearance. In its rendering of college songs the club was far from coming up to the standard of former years. The club is much too small to sing effectively in college choruses. The bass parts in particular were weak, and Coolidge's voice was sadly missed. It is to be hoped that next year will see the club as large as in former years.

The college songs would have been greatly improved if they had been accompanied on the piano. The jodeling of Mr. Dorr as usual took the audience by storm, and his "Calliope" was received with even greater enthusiasm. Mr. Dunham's piano solo met with an appreciative reception. With the single exception of the spiritless rendering of the college songs, the concert may be said to have been one of special excellence. After the concert there was dancing in Memorial Hall.