THE NEW OHIO COLLEGE.

The new Wade College in Cleveland is designed, says the New York Tribune, "for the higher study of the nature of God, and what men know of it, and of the nature of man. Its founder has placed no restriction of sect or of creed upon its teachers. Its object will be to assist, by its library, its lectures, and its other appliances, all persons, of whatever profession or whatever opinion, who want to study any subject regarding man or God, or the relations of man and God with each other. The plans of Wade College do not contemplate any very expensive system of buildings. It is supposed that the city of Cleveland, where it is founded-already a great centre in education-can, of course, provide for the homes of most of the students. For the college building Mr. Wade has provided an admirable site, separated only by Euclid avenue from the great buildings of the Case Institute of Applied Science. Science and philosophy-if we may use these words-have thus the opportunity to do their best in sight of each other. As soon as the endowment of $500,000 is complete, the college is to be organized, and the courses of instruction may soon begin. Mr. Wade himself offered $350,000 to this endowment."