There were four Harvard entries at the games of the M. I. T. Athletic club which took place on Saturday afternoon. Out of three possible first prizes they won two, a very creditable showing.

The first event of interest to Harvard men was the middleweight tug-of-war. For this, the Law-School team, the '84 team, and a technical team were entered. It seemed in this as if fickle fortune was against us all through. First our two teams were drawn against each other, while the Tech. men, having a bye, looked on and got points on the style of their future opponent. At the drop the law men let '84 have about one-half inch, but Easton came down with bent knees so that one quick heave sent the rope well over to his side. About a minute later the '84 men were caught napping and quick heaves by the other side brought Appleton off his cleat and the tug was over. The teams were as follows: L. S. Easton (anchor), Bachelder, C. P. Curtis and fiske; '84, R. M. Appleton (anchor), R. Crane, J. B. Walker and C. W. Baker. In the second heat both the technical and law teams dropped even, but Easton again with bent knees ready to heave, He was unable to accomplish his purpose because the technical students crowded close to the teams and shouted so that the word to heave could not be heard. This cheering and laughing kept up for about a minute, but mean while Easton had to let out about six inches of rope as he was unable to hold it in his strained position. After this the law men made several heaves and brought the rope back; but they were unable to hold tight enough at the end, after their heavy work at the start, and so lost the heat by less than one inch.

The other college entries were in the sparring. E. E. Blodgett, '87, defeated T. R. Kimball in the first round of the lightweights. He showed up very well and is a promising man. In the final round Strauss, of South Boston, failed to appear, having received an injury, and Blodgett was awarded the medal.

The first middleweight contest was that between Gordon Woodbury, '86, and Peirce, M. I. T., '86. The latter was considered a crack man by his fellow students, and warm work was expected. Peirce held off in the first round and but little was done till the close, when Woodbury got the measure of his man. In the second round Woodbury did some hard hitting, and punished his opponent very severely. This ended the round with Woodbury winner. In the other and final round Woodbury was matched against H. P Decker, and was again victor, winning a silver medal-the first prize.