CALENDAR.

There was no recitation in Greek 1, yesterday.

The examination for honors in classics is to be held this morning.

The last meeting of the Shooting Club will be held at Watertown, this afternoon.

The American lacrosse team expects to win every match on its foreign trip.

The final examination papers in Natural History 2 will have no alternative questions.

The spot where the bonfire was built at the north end of Thayer has been resodded.

The section in English 6 will be limited to 21 men, juniors and seniors to have the preference.

The senior members of English 5 will have their themes returned at the close of the examination.

All who intend to go to New Haven Saturday will please sign before 12 o'clock today.

The members of the Canoe Club will be entitled to fly the burgees of the American Canoe Association.

The examination in Mathematics 5 will be held in Sever 24, instead of in U. E. R., as at first posted.

The men who are going to New Haven will buy their tickets at the depot, and not at Bartlett's.

The printed notes in Political Economy 4 will be distributed today between 10 and 1.30 A. M., at W. 4.

In Latin 1 the examination will contain passages from Tacitus, at sight, and from Horace on the prepared work.

The pamphlet descriptive of the elective courses in Political Economy will probably be ready tomorrow.

Many of the instructors devoted their last recitations to an explanation of the elective courses in their respective subjects.

The make-up examination for men who were unable to take the mid-year examination in Latin 2, will be held June 9th.

The freshman nine leave for New Haven by the 4.30 train, Friday afternoon. They will meet at Bartlett's at 3.30.

Charles Dudley Warner will deliver the oration before the Dartmouth Phi Beta Kappa at the approaching commencement.

It is feared that Loud will be unable to play in the first Yale game owing to an injury to his ankle. Litchfield also has an ugly finger.

The regular fare for round trip to New Haven is $7.76. Favorable rates have been procured as may be seen by notice in another column.

Professor C. R. Lamson has been elected secretary of the American Oriental Society, of which Professor Whiting of Yale, is president.

The freshman nine will not play the John L. Whiting nine this afternoon, because both the pitcher and catcher of the latter team are laid up.

Wallace Ross, the oarsman, is training the Columbia crews, and by rowing along with them is getting himself into good trim for his approaching race.

It is expected that the laying of the corner stones of the new library and chapel at Dartmouth will take place at the time of the commencement exercises.

The university crew is now rowing in the following order: 1, Mumford, 2, Borland, 3, Storrow, 4, Sawyer, 5, Clarke, 6, Hudgens, 7, Perkins, 8, Bryant.

The marks upon the final examination in Latin 2 will be divided as follows: 40 per cent. on the work of the year; 40 per cent. on sight passages; 20 per cent. on questions and comments.

A telegram has been received from the manager of the lacrosse team of New York University, which announces that the team will be unable to meet our team next Saturday, as previously arranged. The game is therefore forfeited to us.