The Tennis Association.

The plans for the new courts have now been definitely laid out, and work will be begun within the week, or as soon as the frost leaves the ground. Nine turf courts are to be laid out on the southeast corner of Jarvis Field, at an expense of $943.50, and five clay courts of various sorts are to belaid out on Holmes Field, east of the track, at an expense of $300. One of these courts will be chosen as pattern for 30 more clay courts, which will be laid out during this present summer on various parts of Homes and Jarvis Fields. The durability, tested by the experiment of actual play during the spring, and the general satisfaction, will determine which of the five courts is to be chosen as a model. These five clay courts will be ready for play by the middle of April, and the turf courts will be ready early in May. The association will temporarily lay out and mark the present courts to the best of its ability, probably 15 in number. This will afford 30 courts for play during the present spring. The 30 new clay courts will be ready for play during this autumn.

If, early next spring, (1886), the 45 courts then in use on Jarvis Field and Homes Field should not prove sufficient, there is space for about 12 courts on the Agassiz Museum grounds, and also space for 10 courts on the Divinity School grounds. This latter ground, however, is controlled by the Divinity Association, who are very jealous of their own rights, and will probably retain control of their grounds.

The money spent in the 30 clay courts made during the summer will be lent by the corporation of the college. The $1,243.50, which the association has to pay this spring, has already, for the greater part, been subscribed by the students, but not yet paid. As the contracts must be signed immediately, it is necessary that subscriptions should be paid immediately. They may be sent to the secretary of the association, 10 Holworthy, or paid in person to any of the collectors. It is hoped that no further remarks in this direction may be necessary.