Princeton-Yale Game.

NO SCORE.

GAME CALLED ON ACCOUNT OF DARKNESS.

(Special Telegram to the Crimson.)

PRINCETON, N. J., Oct. 26, 6 p.m.

About five thousand people saw the final struggle for the foot-ball championship. It had rained hard all right, and all day up to the time of game had drizzled so that the field was slippery and in places covered with water.

The Princeton half-backs were not able to dodge and so could make but little ground. The teams were as follows:

Princeton, H. Hodge, Moore, Cowan, George, Irvine, Cook, Wagenhust; quarter-back, R. Hodge: half-backs, Ames and Price; full-back, Savage, captain.

Yale, Corwin, captain; Carter, Buchanan, Corbin, Woodruff, Gill, Wallace; quarter-back, Beecher; half-backs, Watkinson, Morrison; full-back, Gill.

The game was a very poor one from a scientific point of view. The same plays were repeated over and over again.

Princeton won the toss and chose the east goal, having the wind in her favor. Corbin dribbles to Beecher, who gains ten yards before being tackled. He loses the ball, however, and Ames regains the ten yards lost. A wild pass to Savage gives Yale fifteen yards, and ineffectual tries by Price and Ames force Princeton to her ten-yard line. Savage makes a magnificent punt to Yale's forty-yard line. Watkinson kicks, Ames returns the kick and Cook falls on the ball. Cowan takes the ball, five yards and Ames carries it to Yale's five yard line. This was Princeton's best chance to score, but she lost it because Ames and Price were unable to dodge through the line. Three downs are here made, and Princeton loses ten yards and keeps the ball. H. Hodge takes a fair run of fifteen yards but Ames is downed before he can advance the ball. Savage kicks well but Yale gets the ball and Woodruff and Beecher advance it to Princeton's territory. Beecher advances the ball but it is well tackled by Moore. Watkinson tries to rush through the line but gains no ground, and Woodruff, who runs next, is thrown by Wagenhurst. Yale loses ten yards to keep the ball and Morrison carries it to Princeton's twenty-five yard line and Beecher to her ten yard line. The rest of the half is taken up in Yale's trying to push the ball over. Alter three downs, Beecher runs back with the ball ten yards and so keeps it. Just before time is called Yale loses the ball and Princeton has it at her twenty-five yard line. Score, nothing.

The second half opened with a dribble to Ames, who gains ten yards. Price and Ames try to advance the ball but slip and gain no ground. R. Hodge gains ten yards and Ames gains ten more, but Beecher gets through and drops on the ball, kicks, and Bruce tries for a free catch, Wallace interferes with him and gets the ball and referee refuses to give catch. The ball is now at Princeton's twenty yard line. Watkinson tries for goal but fails. Savage drops on ball and has down but the crowd rush into the field and Wallace takes the ball from Savage and claims a touchdown, which the referee, although he did not, gave. Game is now called on account of darkness, seventeen minutes short of full time, and referee gave his decision as in 1884, no game.