The H. P. C. Theatricals.

OPENING NIGHT OF "PAPILLONETTA."

The first performance of the Pudding's Easter theatricals was given last evening in the club theatre before an audience composed of the active and graduate members of the club.

The play presented was "Papillonetta," an extravaganza in three acts, written by Messrs. T. T. Baldwin, A. B. Houghton, J. E. Sinnott, and F. B. Sanborn. The libretto is bright and easy, and the music, selected and arranged by Mr. C. C. Whitman, is extremely well adapted to the capabilities of the chorus. The play is put upon the stage in good style, - the scenery and properties being provided by Weld, and the costumes and wigs by Hayden, and Garey.

The cast is a strong one, all the principals having had experience in previous Pudding theatricals, or in the theatricals of the sophomore societies. The title role, Papillionetta, is taken by Mr. C. A. de Gersdorf. The other parts are assigned as follows, King Cocalorum, G. C. Adams; Prince Prettypet, W. S. Barnes; Scaraboeus, J. A. Frye; Styx, D. P. Grisword; Bachtalque, G. Woodbury; Featherbrain, W. Baker; Ambassadors, Messrs. Cary, Cameron, Lincoln, and W. L. Allen; Queen Shebear, W. R. Dewey; Butterfly Queen, M. Hecksher; Gauzewing, T. T. Baldwin.

The stage officers are the following, Acting Manager, G. C. Adams; Stage Manager, M. M. Kimball; Property Manager, F. B. Smith; Prompter, A. D. Claflin; Artist, G. Santayana; Chorister, C. C. Whitman.

The club goes to New York next week, when performances will be given in the University Club theatre. The Boston performances will be given during the latter part of the month.