Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Base-Ball.

THE OUTLOOK AT YALE.

Yesterday afternoon on Holmes Field before an audience of about 300 spectators. Harvard defeated Amherst by a score of 10 to 0. It was cold and damp, and the game was too one sided to be very interesting, though Harvard's heavy hitting called out a few cheers. Allen had his finger split in the fourth inning and had to retire, and the change battery, Smith and Henshaw, came in.

Amherst went first to the bat. Stuart knocked a grounder between third and short, which was prettily handled by Wiestling, who threw him out at first. Marble made a hit and was thrown out ??? attempting to steal second. Coates got his base on balls, stole second, and look third on a passed ball, but was left there as the next man struck out.

For Harvard, Smith got his base on balls, and went to second on Phillips' single, and both men came in on a wild pitch. The inning closed with Willard and Allen on third and second.

In the second, Amherst went out in order, all three men striking out. Henshaw opened brilliantly for Harvard by driving the ball nearly to the Law School, on which he made a home run, but was declared out for not touching second. Edgerly then made a three-bagger; and Smith and Phillips each made two-baggers. This added three runs to the score, two of them earned.

In the third, Storrs reached first on an error, but was thrown out at second. Amherst did not succeed in getting another man on first, as they went out in order during the remainder of the game.

In the third, Harvard went out in order. In the fourth, they made three runs on a three bagger by Henshaw, a two bagger by Edgerly, Wiestling's single, and a missed third strike. In the fifth, a run was made on errors. It the sixth Wiestling made a hit, went to third on a wild throw by Marble, and came in on Phillips' long drive to left, which was beautifully caught by Storrs.

Willard opened the seventh with a base hit, but three men went out. Game was called at the end of the eighth.

The score:

HARVARD.

A. B. R. I. B. T. B. P. O. A. E.

Wiestling, s. s., 4 2 2 2 0 1 0

Smith, 1b., p., 3 2 1 2 2 9 0

Phillips, 3b., 4 2 2 3 0 1 0

Nichols, p., c. f., 4 0 0 0 0 4 1

Willard, c. f., 1b., 3 0 1 1 6 0 0

Allen, c., 2 0 0 0 5 2 0

Choate, r. f., 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

Foster, l. f., 4 0 0 0 0 0 0

Henshaw, r. f., c., 4 1 2 4 9 1 0

Edgerly, 2b., 3 2 2 5 2 4 1

- - - - - - -

32 10 10 17 24 22 2

AMHERST.

A. B. R. I. B. T. B. P. O. A. E.

Stuart, c. f., 2b., 3 0 0 0 1 1 0

Marble, 3b., 3 0 1 1 2 1 3

Coates, s. s., c. f., 2 0 0 0 1 0 3

Alvord, c., 3 0 0 0 6 2 1

Belcher, r. f., 3 0 0 0 0 0 0

Davidson, 1b., 3 0 0 0 5 0 0

Keating, p., 3 0 0 0 1 7 4

Stearns, 2b., s. s., 2 0 0 0 2 1 0

Storrs, l. f., 2 0 0 0 2 0 0

- - - - - - -

24 0 1 1 *20 12 11

Innings. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Harvard, 2 3 0 3 1 1 0 - 10

Earned runs - Harvard, 3. Two-base hits - Smith, Phillips, Edgerly. Three-base hits - Edgerly, Henshaw. First base on balls - Nichols, 1; Keating, 3. First base on errors - Harvard, 8; Amherst, 2. Struck out - Nichols, 4; Smith, 9; Keating, 7. Double plays - Keating, Davidson. Passed balls - Allen, 1; Alvord, 4. Wild pitches - Keating, 2. Left on bases - Harvard, 4; Amherst, 1. Umpire - Donovan. Time - 2h. 11m.

*Henshaw out for not touching 2b.