Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Fact and Rumor.

Cheever, '88, who has been seriously ill in Cambridge during the recess is rapidly improving.

The Dartmouth Glee Club has not yet paid its expenses at the concerts given.

Dr. McCosh's resignation of the presidency of Princeton College will take effect Feb. 1st.

It is said that the Hon. C. M. Depew, Yale, 56, is writing an article on Yale for Harper's Magazine.

President Fairchild, of Oberlin College, is ninety years old and talks of resigning next commencement.

The rebellious Russian universities have all been closed by the government and will not be opened again until the end of February.

The last Boston Gazette contains a parody on Locksley Hall entitled "Sever Hall-Several years afterwards."

There is a prospect of an ocean race between the Burgess fishing schooner, Carrie E. Phillips and the Alice M. Strople for a purse of $2000.

At the Masonic Fair in New York, the oil portrait of Charles Dickens to be given by vote to the most popular newspaper was awarded to Town Topics. What taste the Masons have.

Boylston Hall will be closed to students until Thursday morning, Jan. 5, on account of repairs. This involves cuts in all chemistry courses on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Mr. R. D. Sears, the tennis champion, has decided to retire from the field, and the fight for the championship next year will be more exciting than usual.

Rev. David Lathrop Hunn, aged 98 years, the oldest graduate of Yale College, has preached the gospel to three generations, and is still active in the work, especially among the children at Buffalo.

Mr. Edward Burgess received the gold medal for yacht models at the late Mechanics' Fair. Mr. John L. Frisbee, Mr. George Lawley, Mr. William R. Smith and the Boston yacht agency each received diplomas and bronze medals.

John Blakie, the shell boat builder of Cambridge, has just completed the drawings and a model of a cat boat which he believes will be a world beater. She will be sailed in the regattas next season.

The alumni of Williams College propose to raise $10,000 for the erection and maintenance of a building, on the college grounds, as a memorial to the late Dr. Mark Hopkins.

The discovery that a history of the United States, from which all mention of the rebellion is omitted, is in use in the public schools of Omaha, has led to a sharp fight in the board of education.

Dalzell, Yale '91, is a candidate for pitcher's position on next year's nine. He is a swifter pitcher than Stagg, but is not expert with the curves. It is thought that Osborne, '88 Sheff, will catch him.

The leading subscribers to the fund of $10,172 which was presented to Edward Burgess were: New York Yacht Club, $1000; William P. Clyde, $400, H. C. Roome, $500; J. Pierpont Morgan, $500; C. Vanderbilt, $500; James Gordon Bennett, $500.

Oberlin boasts of being the first college that admitted women on equal terms with men, but to the University of Wisconsin belongs the honor of having graduated a larger number of women than any other co-educational institution.-Pennsylvanian.

Mayor Russell, of Cambridge, has received a letter from Mr. Frederick H. Rindge, who has offered to build a new city hall providing the city will select and buy its own lot, in which he expresses his preference for the site proposed for the new building opposite the present city hall, and bounded by Main, Inman, Austin and Temple streets. This site also appears to be a favorite with the public at large, and will undoubtedly be the one selected.

Cornell is soon to have an experiment station. The council recommended that $26.000 be divided into two parts, $10.250 for salaries and $4750 for supplies. Besides the directors of the station, there will be appointed the following assistants: In experimental horticulture, experimental agriculture, chemical analysis, veterinary science, experimental botany and experimental entomology; also two second assistants in experimental agriculture and one in chemical analysis.