Columbia Mott Haven Team.

From the candidates for the Columbia Mott Haven team the most prominent are the following, according to the Yale News;

In the 100 and 220 yard dash, S. S. Derrickson, School of Medicine; E. B. LaFetra, '87; quarter-mile run, H. M. Banks, Jr., '89, School of Arts; half-mile run, H. Y. Smith, S. of Med.; pole vault, A. Stevens, '87, S. of Mines, who won first place in that event last year; high jump, G. Richards, '87, 'S. of A., who won second place last year; broad jump, Douglass Ewell, '88, S. of A.; hurdle, H. Mapes, '90, S. of A.; bicycle race, C. H. McGuire, '89, S. of A., E. H. Hornbostel, '90, S. of A., and H. F. Hornbostel, '90, S. of M.; mile walk, E. D. Lange, S. of M.; tug-of-war, G. M. Elliott, S. of L., anchor; R. M. Raymond, '89, S. of M., E. Harris, '89, S. of H. P. Bellinger, '87, S. of M."

Of these men, Lange in the walk can be picked as a sure winner, while in the tug-of-war, hurdle, pole-vault, broad jump and high jump, the men are looked upon as possible winners.

The only comment that the CRIMSON can make is that the Yale News is very modest not to claim first place in the hurdles for Yale. With Suddington and Berger as her representatives it would seem as if there could be no doubt about the winner. Although Mr. Stevens of Columbia won first place in New York last year with a vault of 10 feet 3-4 inches, he did not do well in the games this winter. Yale and Harvard have both men who have broken the record made by Mr. Stevens and it would seem that he would have difficulty in winning again this year.

The second place in the high jump was won by Mr. Clark of Harvard last year who tied with Mr. Richards and beat him in the jump off. Mr. Richards is rowing with the Columbia crew and if we may judge from past experience his jumping qualities are not likely to be improved by heavy crew work.