The Torchlight Parade.

A meeting of the marshals of the different classes for the torchlight parade was held yesterday afternoon. It was reported that the republican committee could furnish no music and that it would be necessary for the students to raise a subscription if they desired to have a band at the head of their line. It was decided by the meeting to raise the money needed if possible and each marshal was authorized to collect small sums from those who were willing to give. A blue book for subscription has already been placed at Bartlett's. Blue books have also been placed at Brine's two stores for the signatures of those who intend to march in the parade. The books will remain open until Friday night and all are urged to sign as soon as possible in order that there may be no delay in supplying the uniforms.

It was voted at the meeting to give full charge of the organization of the drum corps to Mr. Herrick, '90. A notice will soon be posted calling for volunteers to join the corps, but the members will elect their own drum major. On the evening of the parade, the different classes will form in Boston at places to be designated in the future. Each class will march as a solid body in platoons of six or eight without division into companies. A great amount of trouble and confusion will be avoided in this way. A number of aids will be appointed from each class to assist the marshals in forming the students and to preserve the formation as far as possible throughout the line of march. The parade will take place on Thursday, November 1.