Harvard Freshmen, 22; Phillips Exeter, 10.

Yesterday's victory in football was the first one a freshman team has won over Exeter for five years. Ninetytwo's eleven played with a great deal of snap, and the improvement in team work was apparent. The backs played a strong rushing game, and the rushers blocked and tackled much better than usual. Exeter was obliged to play two substitute half-backs, and to that circumstance may be attributed in part the poor showing Exeter made. Immediately after the kick-off, the freshmen began forcing the ball towards Exeter's line and Brooks soon made a touchdown. No goal. Exeter now got the ball and forced it within a few yards of Harvard's line. They failed to make a touchdown, however, for some time, but at last Bardwell broke through and scored. Goal by Trafford. Towards the latter part of the half a touchdown was made by Stickney. No goal. Baker began the second half with a long run for Harvard and scored a touchdown. Goal by Forbes. Score, 10-10. A few minutes later Brooks ran half the length of the field and scored again. Goal. Exeter seemed to weaken at this point while Harvard continued to play steadily. A few minutes before time was called Brooks made the last touchdown by a good rush. Goal. The teams were as follows:

Harvard Freshmen.- Curtis, Newell, Travis, Hunt, (centre), Heard, Allen, Wrenn; quarter-back, Neff; half-backs, Baker and Brooks; full-back, Forbes.

Phillips Exeter.- Grouard, Bardwell, Stickney, Beattie, (centre), Furman, Erskine, Heffelfinger; quarter-back, Barbour; half-backs, Brooks and Wood; fullback, Trafford.

Mr. Dudles was referee, and Mr. Weston, umpire.