Medical School Notes.

As nearly as can be ascertained, the number of students at the Medical School is 297. They are divided among the classes as follows:

Resident graduates, 2

4th year, 21

3d year 74

2d year, 90

1st year, 110

297

This is the largest total that the school has yet attained.

Of the 110 students in the 1st year '88 sent 14. At a corresponding time '87 sent 18 and '86, a close second, sent 17. It would seem that the professional men in '88 chose the law rather than its sister profession.

Among the '88 men whose names will yet be remembered at Cambridge, are Porter, Lund, Pease, Balch, Cogswell, Dane, Whipple and Towle. It will be seen that this delegation represents the brains as well as the muscle which made '88 so justly famous.

Mr. J. W. Dudley '87 who spent last year at this school, has forsaken Harvard, and is now studying at the Med. Department of the University of Penn. His brother, Mr. A. T. Dudley, is Physical Director at Exeter.

A change has been made in the curriculum of the school, by which the 4th year has been made almost entirely elective. electives amounting to two hours a week have also been added to the 3d year.

Dr. Ayers '83, for some time instructor in advanced Zoology at Cambridge is registered at the Medical School.