Manhattan Athletic Club Indoor Meeting.

The twelfth annual indoor meeting of the Manhattan Athletic Club of New York will be held next Saturday evening at the Madison Square Garden. It promises to be a great success as over four hundred entries have been received, including champions in all events from England, Ireland, Canada and the United States. There are also a number of college champions among the entries. Among the most prominent athletes who are expected to take part, are as follows: In the one mile handicap run, George and Conneff; in the quartermile handicap, Banks and Estes; in the sixty-yards handicap, Weston and Copeland; in the two hundred and fifty-yards hurdle handicap, Mapes of Columbia College, and Copeland. Moffat, the well-known Canadian runner will meet Phibbs, the Irish champion in the half-mile run. In the two-mile run, Young and Lloyd are the most prominent entries. In the bicycle race, Kingsland, Powers and Halstead will race. The entries for the running high jump include Webster, Ford and Macdermot. The two hundred and fifty-yards run and the mile walk for novices have very large entry lists.