The New Kent Laboratory at Yale.

The new Kent Chemical Laboratory at Yale is near completion and will be ready for regular use at the beginning of the college year next fall when some new chemistry courses will probably be opened. The building is of brown stone, will cost $75,000, and is very well arranged internally. The first floor contains a lecture room seating 200 and a large laboratory. Directly below this laboratory in the basement and above on the second floor are two other laboratories corresponding to the first in size and shape. The second floor will also contain smaller lecture rooms and rooms belonging to Prof. Gooch and assistants. Ventilating shafts connect the various rooms with the roof and all vapors will find an easy exit. The building will be heated by steam from the college heating apparatus, but the steam pipes will not be arranged as radiators but will encircle the walls of each room. A large room in the tower is to be used as a technical library and will contain all the standard works. The general store-room for the apparatus is in the basement and is connected with the laboratories by a "lift" No pains have been spared in the work and the building when finished will be one of the best of its kind in the country.