Fact and Rumor.

A theme on "Schiller and Goethe" is due in German 4 today.

Three books of Wilhelm Meister must be read out of class for German 4 before the final examinations.

H. J. Hughes '94, has been elected treasurer of the Y. M. C. A. in place of A. B. Keeler, resigned.

The out-door meeting of the Interscholastic Association will be held June 11, on Holmes Field.

The Museum of Comparative Zoology will hereafter be open Sunday afternoons.

An hour examination will be given in Pol. Econ. 4 May 11, on the work done since the last examination.

There about thirty candidates for the cricket eleven, but the number will be reduced to fifteen soon after May 1st.

The Philadelphia cricketers have arranged a ball for the Harvard eleven on the evening of May 27th.

An instructor at Lehigh University who was burlesqued by the students at their minstrel performance has become insane. - Ex.

T. Jefferson Collidge '50, one of the board of overseers, and the donor of the Jefferson Physical Laboratory, has been appointed United States minister to France.

On the afternoons of Wednesday, May 11, and Wednesday, May 18, the B. A. A., will hold open handicap games on Irving-ton Oval. Entries for the first close May 9, and for the second, May 16.

William S. Bull, the great Yale full-back, has been secured by the Wesleyan University graduate advisory board to coach the foot ball team next fall. Mr. Bull will have entire charge of the eleven throughout the foot ball season.

Henry B. Lathrop, instructor of English in Harvard University, has been appointed assistant professor of English in the Leland Stanford Junior University. Professor Lathrop is a native of California, being a son of the Rev. Dr. Lathrop of East Oakland. - Ex.