Commencement at Technology.

Yesterday was commencement day at the Institute of Technology, and the graduation exercises of the class of '88 were held in Huntington Hall. The exercises opened with an address by President Francis A. Walker. Then followed reading of theses by members of the class, and an address by the Rev. Phillips Brooks. The degree of bachelor of science was conferred upon those who had completed the regular course, and certificates were awarded to members of the School of Mechanic Arts and the Lowell School of Practical Design. The graduates numbered one hundred and six in all.

The Class Day exercises took place the day before. A large audience filled Huntington Hall and the class occupied the platform and floor of the hall. The Technology Glee Club and Quartette and the Salem Cadet Orchestra furnished music. The class historian was L. A. Ferguson; statistician, S. Warren, and bard, O. B. Roberts. The Class Day officers were as follows: Chief marshal, A. T. Bradlee; marshals, R. Devens, H. F. Bigelow and H. J. Horn, Jr.; Class Day committee, H. D. Bates, H. F. Bigelow, A. T. Bradlee, G. E. Claflin, H. G. Cross, G. U. G. Holman, W. E. Mott, J. S. Newton, R. Robb.