The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

The Harvard Memorial Society is doing an excellent thing in not admitting the public to its lectures until just before the lecture begins. This is just what should be done at every lecture given here for the benefit of students of the University. To most of the more important lectures that are delivered here, whether under the auspices of student organizations or of the University, the public is not only freely admitted but cordially invited. The result of such an arrangement is that the front seats are all taken by the respectable Cambridge citizens, and the students are compelled to sit in back or to stand up. One of the chief reasons that is given for opening lectures to the public is that if they were restricted to students the halls would not be half filled. If this were true it would be an unfortunate admission, but it is not. If a lecture is worth hearing and the students are not kept away by the public, they will attend it in large numbers. Certainly the Memorial Society has no reason to be displeased with the result of its venture.