Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

The Tennis Tournament.

Although the play in the tennis tournament yesterday was on the whole poor, some of the matches were exceedingly close and well contested.

In the singles, Manchester defeated J. Codman, 6-0, 6-3; Tallant defeated A. M. Chase, 6-2, 6-3. The match between Lee and Sturgis resulted in Lee's favor. Sturgis by good placing won the first two games; then Lee won six games straight and the set, owing a greal deal to errors by Sturg's.

In the second set Lee won the first five games both by good back hand strokes and by poor playing on Sturgis' part. Then Sturgis braced up, and by good Lawford strokes won the next four games. The score now stood 5-4 in Lee's favor. The next game and the set and match then went to Lee. Jennings defeated Manchester in the second round, 6-4, 6-2, Jennings' steady playing proving superior to Manchester's brilliant, but erratic game.

In the doubles only two matches were played, Orcutt and Potter defeating Brown and Sturgis, 6-4, 6-8, 10-8, and Lee and Tallant defeating Howard and Beake, 6-1, 6-1. The match between Orcutt and Potter and Brown and Sturgis was the best played so far. Orcutt and Potter took the first set; then Brown and Sturgis won the second set. In the third, Brown and Sturgis had 5-1, 5-3. 40-love, and 8-7 at different times; but Orcutt and Potter, by playing well up to the net and placing ing the balls to the left of Brown, succeeded in winning the set and match.