Tennis Tournament.

The matches yesterday afternoon resulted as follows: Semi-finals in singles-Lee beat Jennings, 6-2, 7-5; Tallant beat Stetson, 2-6, 6-4, 6-1. In the preliminary round of the doubles Wildes and Kingsley beat Hale and Stetson, 8-6, 6-2. First round of doubles, Wrenn and Lockett beat Baldwin and Thomas, 6-2, 7-5.

The best match in the singles was between Lee and Jennings. Lee took the first set easily. In the second set Jennings braced up a good deal; he took the first game, Then Lee by hard drives took the next three games. The fifth and sixth games went to Jennings by placing and passing. Lee won the next game; then Jennings took the eighth and ninth. The tenth game went to Lee and the score stood 5 all. Lee then played a strong game and won the next two games and set. The score in the second set by games was: Lee. 0 2 3 4 0 0 7 0 0 10 11 12-7 Jennings. 1 0 0 0 5 6 0 8 9 0 0 0-5

Hale and Stetson played a close match with Kingsley and Wildes. In the first set the score stood 5-3, vantage in Kingsley and Wildes' favor, but Hale by a brilliant play made the score deuce and finally won the game. The set, however, went to Kingsley and Wildes, 8-6. In the second set Kings ley and Wildes had the sun on their backs and won easily, 6-2.

After this match Ste son played Tallant in the semi-finals, and surprised the spectators and his opponent by taking the first set easily, 6-2. Tallant played close to the net, while Stetson lobbed and followed the return with an easy stroke just over the net. The second and third sets went to Tallant by careful net playing, score 6-4, 6-1.