Championship in Doubles.

Lee and Tallant the winners of the tennis tournament, won the championship in doubles yesterday by defeating Kingsley and Jenning the former champions. The match was almost a walkover for Lee and Tallant who were playing in magnificent form. Kingsley and Jennings on the other hand were unsteady, and appeared to be rather out of practice. Tallant started out with with brilliant placing and smashing all through the first set, and was well supported by Lee. The result was a love set. Kingsley and Jennings rallied a little in the next set, but could not drive their opponents back from the net, and succeeded in winning only two games. The third set was longer and more interesting, Kingsley and Jennings played in much better form while Lee and Tallant fell off a little from their former fine play though still doing excellent work. The score ran up to deuce games, and was only decided after sixteen games had been played. The score: Lee and Tallant beat Kingsley and Jennings, 6-0, 6-2, 9-7.

The matches for second place in singles were also played off. In the morning Stetson beat Wrenn, and then beat A. M. Chase. 6-1, 6-2. Lee beat Potter, 6-3, 6-5. In the afternoon after the match in doubles, Lee met Stetson in the final singles. He won the first set without difficulty, 6-2, In the next set, however, he showed evieence of fatigue, and lost 1-6. He won four games in the deciding set, but Stetson rallied and took three in succession. Then Lee managed to win two more games and the set, thus taking second prize.