Hastings Hall.

The work on Hastings Hall is being carried forward as rapidly as possible and already the building has been finished on the outside to the level of the plates at the eaves. If the weather continues mild, it will be roofed in this fall, and steam heat put in. If this can be done, the work of laying the terra cotta floor arches and other inside work will be carried on all winter. In this case the building will be ready for occupancy next fall, otherwise it will not be ready for another year.

There will be about sixty suites of rooms on five floors, some forty-five of which will be double rooms and the remaining fifteen single. Each suite will run through from the front to the back of the building, so that every man will have windows opening on the outside, thus avoiding all dark bedrooms. Each suite will be fitted with steam in addition to a fireplace, and will have a bathroom attached. It has not been fully decided whether or not to put hot and cold water into the bathrooms, but it will probably be done.

If the building is to be ready next fall, the rooms will be assigned next spring at the regular assignment, but nothing has been decided as yet regarding the price of the rooms, and probably it will not be decided for several months.