Tech. Athletics.

At Boston Technology the outlook for '89-90 is very promising in some respects, and rather discouraging in others. Just now the prospect for a good 'varsity nine this spring are doubtful. Most of the men who composed the last nine have left college, and the material among the under classmen is undeveloped. Men well up in athletic circles are almost unanimous in their opinion that no representative nine will be placed in the field this season. One important reason for this is the fact that the new State armory on the Union grounds practically deprives Technology of their use. The only other place to be had is the ball grounds, and their use by the league teams during the base-ball season would prevent Technology's obtaining them.

The promise of the eleven is, on the contrary, all that can be desired. Captain Duane will not be with the team, and Godchaux, who did good work for Technology during the past season, is uncertain as to his playing next year Captain Mitchell says "the team will be under some disadvantage on account of not being able to get good grounds near the institute, but there will probably be sufficient space left on the Union grounds to ensure good practice. All but four of the old team will be back, and from reports the incoming freshman class will bring excellent material."