Technology Athletes.

On account of the early close of the spring term and the approach of the "annuals," Technology men have not been able to devote much time to athletics; still, the outlook is favorable More attention will be paid to baseball this year than has been for some time, although it is not known yet whether there will be a 'varsity nine. The candidates for the class teams are already at work, and there is a fair prospect that some good material will be developed. The class of '89 has a good pitcher in Pike. Highlands, '91, is also a good man, but none of the catchers seem able to hold his delivery. The principal interest centers in the freshman-sopho more game; '91 will endeavor to retrieve their defeat at football last fall.

The bicycle club is one of the most flourishing athletic organizations at Technology. It is considered a fast riding club. C. H. Warner, '89, holds the Institute record; Bradlee, '90, and Williston, '89, are also fast men. An other race will be held with the Harvard club some time during the spring when it is hoped that Tech's representatives will be more fortunate than they were last fall