Economic Club.

The plan for the formation of the so-called Economic Club, which is to occupy rooms in Lawrence Hall is rapidly progressing. The committees appointed some time ago to take charge of the scheme have been hard at work, and will be ready to offer very favorable report at the next meeting of those interested in the establishment of the club. Considerable money has already been collected by subscription, and more is promised. The committee which has charge of the finances feels confident that the sum necessary to equip the rooms in Lawrence will be secured, so there is no longer any doubt that the plan will be carried out.

The committee appointed to draft a constitution has practically completed its labors, and it is probable that a permanent organization will be effected at the next meeting of the club. Mr. Bolles informs us that one hundred and twenty-five men have already signified their intention to become members of the club. It is probable that this number will be largely increased as soon as the project assumes a definite aspect.