The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

EDITORS HARVARD HERALD: It is nearly a month now before the examinations begin. We beg permission to offer a suggestion for the welfare of those who have taken electives which require considerable reading of the reference books at the library. It is well known to all upper classmen that there is a strong tendency on the part of many to put off the heavy grinding until nearly the last minute. This being the case, just before and during examination time, there is a great rush for the library by those who are taking courses in history, political economy and philosophy. In very few cases are there duplicates among the books reserved. The result is that many men are wanting the same book, or, when one has finished using one book, he cannot get the book he wants next. A great many of these difficulties and embarrassments might be removed or considerably lessened if students would get a large part of their reading done before the rush comes. In this way, many more can get accommodated, and the reserved books will better accomplish the purposes for which they were set apart.

'84.