Commencement at Princeton.

Last Thursday was Princeton's Commencement Day. Several additions were made to the Faculty, William Daniels of Wesleyan University, assistant Professor of Political Economy; Edwin T. Lewis, assistant in Modern Languages; John McGowan of Clark University, Professor of Mathematics. Leroy W. McCoy was appointed Professor of Chemistry in place of J. S. Schenck who was appointed Professor Emeritus.

The order of exercises for the day was was as follows: 9 o'clock, graduation exercises of the John C. Green School of Science; 11 o'clock, the annual meeting of the Clio and Whig societies, and the dedication of their new halls; 1.30 o'clock, Alumni dinner at the University Hall; 4.30 o'clock, laying the corner stone of the Isabella McCosh Infirmary, with an address by Rev. George B. Stewart, of Harrisburg, Pa.; from 5 to 6 o'clock, an open air concert and promenade on the President's grounds; 7.30 o'clock, prize debate between representatives of the Clio and Whig Societies; 10 o'clock, the festivities were closed with the annual Sophomore reception in the gymnasium.