Professor Hart at the Y. M. C. A.

The regular weekly meeting of the Y. M. C. A. in Lawrence Hall, last evening, was addressed by Professor A. B. Hart. Professor Hart gave a very practical talk on the twelfth chapter of Romans. He said that this chapter was an epitome of practical advice. It is of peculiar value to us because of the light it throws on our duties as members of society. In this epistle to the Romans, St. Paul struck at the idea that men who wished themselves up to the worship of God must separate themselves from contact with men. We have adopted the Pauline idea: the theory of the church is coming more and more to be that strong character cannot be developed without contact with men, contact which cannot always be with good men. And so our Christian men live in the world. But living in the world does not necessarily imply that we should rashly thrust ourselves into temptation, and the question that confronts us is, How far is a man to put himself in the way of temptation, and to what degree is he called upon to carry on his intercourse with all sorts and conditions of men? Professor Hart's discussion of this question was interesting, and thoroughly practical.