The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

No Headline

In accrodance with a time honored custom the annual rush between sophomores and freshmen will be made this evening. An institution as old as "Bloody Monday Night" has certainly much to commend it, much to assure its continuation on a firm basis. It is undoubtedly desirable that some demonstrations of this kind should be made during a college course. They add both zest and tone to student life so long as they are kept within proper bounds and not characterized by disgusting abuses, but with them unfortunately these abuses are apt to come. Yearly, to be sure, they grow less and less, and this certainly is progress in the right direction. What is desirable now is that they should be entirely abandoned. There is no manliness in serving notice of a punch upon an unsuspecting freshman, and certainly as little credit in drinking at his expense. The excess that is sometimes seen in the yard, however, is unpardonable. Not satisfied with the exhilaration of the rush itself, a few-we are glad to say, a few-seek pleasure in making conspicious their own bad taste. How much better and more manly it would be if the rush of "Bloody Monday Night" were purely a exhibition of class spirit and prowess, untainted by any show of ill-breeding.