Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

College Men in Congress.

In the present congress over one half the senators and representatives are college men. Of the senators forty-one, one half the total number are college men, while in the House the number is one hundred and sixty-four or a little over one half. Of these Harvard has the greater number of any one college, fourteen, nine from the college proper, and five from the Law School. Yale comes next with thirteen, ten from the college and three from the Law School. The other colleges are represented as follows: Michigan University sends ten, four from the academic department and six from the law school. Princeton, Centre and Jefferson (now Washington and Jefferson) have each seven representatives. The University of North Carolina has six, all representing the state of North Carolina. The University of Virginia has the same number, four from the academic department and two from the law department. Union college and Cumber land university (Tenn.) have each five representatives, the former sending three from the college and two from her law department. Hamilton, Dickinson, Washington and Lee, De Pauw (formerly Asbury) university, and the Indiana state university each have four representatives. Columbia has three, two from the college and one from the Columbia Law School. William and Mary has also three, one from the college and two from the Law School. The other colleges having three representatives each are Bowdoin, University of Alabama, Miami, Lombard university, the University of South Carolina, and the University of Wisconsin. Those having two each are Dartmouth, Amherst, Oberlin, lowa state university, Wesleyan, Missouri state university, Western Reserve, University of Tennessee, Mercer, Williams, Brown, McKendree, Wabash and the University of Georgia. Twenty-five other colleges have a single representative.